The Woburn Abbey Triathlon is a great day out for spectators as well as participants, with the stunning Abbey backdrop and beautiful course. Bring your friends and family along to cheer you on route and across the finish line!
- Friends and relatives coming to support on both days will be able to gain free entry to the tri for life Event Village and surrounding Deer Park
- Parking is available for participants and supporters at a cost of £5 per car per day
- Dogs are welcome but must be on leads at all times. No dogs are permitted on the course
- A Kids Zone is available on Sunday 8th September to entertain youngsters with lots of free activities including face painting, giant board games and much more
- Live DJ on the finish line on both days
- A variety of catering and refreshments will be available to purchase from the Event Village
- Don’t forget to also visit the stunning Woburn Abbey and its gardens, not to mention Woburn Safari Park – find out more here
- Bigtopmania will be joining us again with fun circus themed activities to entertain both kids and adults with lots of free activities on Sunday, including circus skills, tight rope, crazy bikes, bubble shows and much more.
Download your spectator pack – CLICK HERE
ARE YOU READY TO BE PART OF AN AMAZING WEEKEND?
We cannot wait to welcome you to Woburn Abbey on Saturday 5th or Sunday 6th September to help support your friends and families taking on some difficult physical challenges and making brilliant memories.
There will be over 2000 participants taking part in triathlons over the weekend in tri for life’s 13th year. We have raised close to £2.5 million for charity and look forward to another successful weekend of smashing fundraising targets and PBs alike – you are joining the most important team of the weekend – the supporters!
Without you, the participants and fundraisers would not have the same level of motivation and success – your support goes a long way to encouraging them around the course and supporting them after a tiring challenge!
Check out the webpages for more information about how to get to the event, and scroll down to check out some of the best places to take in the action.
Get your cheering voices ready and prepare to come out in force!
The Event is located at Woburn Abbey, Woburn Park, Bedfordshire, MK17 9DP
Follow signs to Woburn Abbey from the M1 junction 12 or 13. From the A5, follow signs to Woburn village. Woburn Abbey is signposted from here.
There will be event signage up to direct you to Event Parking. Please do not use the entrances at the crossroads at the bottom of the hill marked Woburn Abbey and Safari Park.
HOWEVER NOTE: [Saturday ONLY] After 7am part of Park Street will be closed for the Run Course – this means that all vehicles will only be able to get to the event / Abbey from the direction of Eversholt / Froxfield and NOT from the direction of Woburn village / the A4012. Should your arrival route take you onto the A4012 in Woburn village then you will need to do a diversion route via Ridgmont. Please add more time to your journey accordingly.
CAR PARKING: There is a £5.00 charge per car for the car park, which contributes to our donations to our charity partners. If you have prepaid as part of your race entry, please display your parking pass on your dashboard. Alternatively you can pay in cash on the day. Please note: if you have prepaid but don’t bring your car park pass, you will be charged again as there will be no way of checking your pre-payment.
By Public Transport:
Woburn Abbey is approximately 15 minutes from Flitwick train station, the nearest station to Woburn. Flitwick train station has a taxi rank called A1 Taxis (01525 757575) but there is no public transport directly available to Woburn Abbey from the station.
We’ve highlighted the best places to watch on Saturday in red and on Sunday in purple!
Saturday – what’s on?
There are four different races taking place on Saturday – the 220 Triathlon WoBurner middle distance triathlon, the Olympic distance triathlon, the Sprint distance triathlon and the brand new 5km & 10km Runs.
The distances for these races are as follows:
- WoBurner – 1900m Swim, 90km Bike, 21.1km Run
- Olympic Distance – 1500m Swim, 44km Bike, 10.5km Run
- Sprint Distance – 750m Swim, 20km Bike, 5km Run
- NEW 5k & 10k Family Fun Run
Sunday – what’s on?
The races on Sunday involve everyone from the children’s Scootathlon to Olympic distance triathlons.
The distances for these races are as follows:
- Scootathlon – 400m Scoot, 400m Bike, 150m Run
- Junior Triathlon (9-12yrs) – 100m Swim, 3km Bike, 1km Run
- Junior Triathlon (13-15yrs) – 300m Swim, 6.8km Bike, 2.5km Run
- Super Sprint Triathlon – 400m Swim, 10km Bike, 2.5km Run
- Sprint Triathlon – 750m Swim, 20km Bike, 5km Run
- Olympic Triathlon – 1500m Swim, 40km Bike, 10km Run
We hope you enjoy the event and have a great experience cheering on your loved ones!
If you are inspired to take on a challenge next year, take a look at triforlife.co.uk for more information and keep an eye out for next year’s events opening!